Customer Marketing ManagerApply Now
The Customer Marketing Manager (CMM) is the brand steward for La Tourangelle, passionate about growing brand awareness, trial for our products and delighting our consumers with an exceptional consumer experience throughout the customer journey. The CMM will collaborate with Sales and external agency partners to implement winning customer marketing programs with our key strategic accounts and is responsible for project management and timelines for tradeshows and other initiatives. The CMM will join a team of builders and become an expert in all our products and processes, gaining insider knowledge about each department of the company as well as the consumer product goods and natural foods industry.
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Location: La Tourangelle Corporate Office Berkeley, CA
- Customer Marketing:
- Manage execution of pre-shop and in-store marketing programs to drive purchase and communicate key brand message with key focus on new products and conversion tactics such as coupons, sampling and in-store demos, shippers and displays.
- Develop and implement email marketing campaigns and evaluate results.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to ensure successful go-to-market execution and monitor new item sales performance.
- Track and analyze the success of shopper marketing program KPIs, including lift, sales and ROI.
- Provide input into the marketing activation budget for retail activation to support shopper programs.
- Brand Building: Support profitability, market share, sales targets to build the brand.
- Marketing Mix: Support VP of Marketing in key marketing initiatives (consumer and trade). Assist in development and execution of the annual marketing plans to increase brand awareness, drive trial, and enhance product velocity and profitability.
- Business Analysis: Analyze key category, consumer and industry trends by utilizing point-of-sale data (SPINS, Nielsen and customer portals) in order to guide product development, marketing programs and sales strategies. Monitor sales activity, to identify areas of opportunities.
- Project Management:
- Develop overall project timelines around key marketing initiative including packaging design, trade show planning and vendor management (graphic designers, printers, market research).
- Help manage outside contractors and extended graphic team’s activities and projects, providing direction for necessary marketing materials and packaging development, including facilitating internal approvals across QA, Sales and Marketing.
- Support Website updates in conjunction with external Web designers/developer.
- Facilitate cross functional communication on project status, holding cross functional team members accountable for deliverables and moves team toward accomplishing established deadlines and goals.
- Passion for natural/specialty food products, our consumers and inspired by the La Tourangelle brand.
- 2-4 years of brand marketing experience, preferably with consumerpackaged foods within the Natural/Specialty Foods space.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Marketing or related field preferred.
- Consumer mind-set and a passion for uncovering insights to help develop products and programs that engage our consumers and meet their needs.
- Strong understanding of packaging, promotions, coupons, point-of-sale marketing.
- Highly organized with experience managing multiple projects while working with various, cross-functional, internal and external groups.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in a fast-paced environment. Thrives in an entrepreneurial culture, can be scrappy, creative & resourceful. A self-starter with a learning mind-set and willing to be hands-on, jump in and test and learn. Drive to succeed and thrives in the face of a challenge, a go-getter and natural problem-solver.
- Commitment to follow-through and excellence in execution of all tasks; very organized. Takes ownership of projects; juggles multiple tasks comfortably and reacts quickly to changes in project direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong creative and copywriting skills.
- Analytical thinker, able to draw insights to form fact-based recommendations.
- Experience working with point of purchase data (Spins, Nielsen, IRI). Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with creative suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) a plus.
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is artisanship and pursuit of exceptional taste with uncompromising nutritional benefits to improve the health, flavor and lives of our customers and our families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now