Director of Sourcing and SustainabilityApply Now
The Director of Sourcing & sustainability will drive optimization of procurement, supplier relationships, and supply chain for La Tourangelle. Working closely with the Director of Production & Engineering and the Director of R&D in the Woodland Manufacturing Facility, this role will ensure efficient and cost-effective procurement for all La Tourangelle Branded and private label products. In addition, the Director of Sourcing & Sustainability will partner cross-functionally across the organization and participate in bringing new products to market.
Reports To: President & CEO
Location: La Tourangelle Manufacturing Facility, Woodland, CA
- Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships globally.
- Lead vendor selection and negotiation for all supply chain related needs, including raw materials and packaging, continuously improving total costs.
- Work closely with R&D and the Innovation Team in the development, costing and procurement for all new products.
- Drive direct and indirect cost savings through deployment of procurement best practices.
- Develop strategic plans to sure that the resources are optimized for current and future business needs.
- Ensure our suppliers are accountable to La Tourangelle’s social and environmental impact standards through supplier agreements and regular impact measurement.
- Team Leadership
- Oversee the Sourcing team, including 2 direct reports.
- Coach, develop and mentor team members in their technical development, change management, cross-functional communication and negotiation skills.
- As part of the Manufacturing management team, provide strong leadership, communication and mentoring to the Woodland, CA facilities.
- Strategic participation in B Corporation Certification and ongoing re-certifications.
- 8+ years of experience in Sourcing (preferably in food), with 2+ years’ experience leading teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business, food science or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Passion for working with and creating new food products. Professional experience in the food industry preferred.
- Experience with global sourcing of raw materials, preferably in oils, coffee, tea, chocolate or like products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a strong sense of urgency.
- A proven collaborator with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- An established bias for action, with a can-do attitude and the ability to approach challenges with creative, solution-oriented thinking. Can challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills. A track record of beneficial negotiations while maintaining positive relationships.
- Experience working in a global team environment including proven capability with communication best practices across multiple languages, time zones, and cultures.
- Strong commercial acumen, judgment and understanding of the business and industry.
- Microsoft Office and PC skills.
- Frequent international travel required. Fluency in a second language, particularly in French, a strong plus.
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is artisanship and pursuit of exceptional taste with uncompromising nutritional benefits to improve the health, flavor and lives of our customers and our families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now