Marketing Manager, Emerging BrandsApply Now
We are looking for a savvy and hard-working Brand Marketing Manager to foster the creation and go to market implementation of new product lines and brands within the La Tourangelle family. The Marketing Manager will become the company expert on opportunities for these brands across all channels, competitive activity, industry trends and consumer feedback. He/she will play a lead role developing brand strategies based on business insights and executing initiatives to maximize results. The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys the scrappy, creative working environment of a growing small business.
Reports To: Head of Marketing (CEO in interim)
Location: La Tourangelle Corporate Headquarters, Berkeley, CA / Remote during SIP
Business Analysis and Tracking
- Analyze and identify drivers of target categories, competition, channels and brand opportunities
- Deliver data-backed recommendations to unearth growth opportunities and build the business
- Utilize SPINS data to provide ad hoc business analysis for the executive team
- Own monthly reporting on business (SPINS, Amazon and internal shipment data)
Brand Strategy and Execution
- Play a lead role developing clear and compelling annual and longer-term brand plans aligned with company objectives, market and competitive trends, consumer insights and brand equity
- Project manage key marketing initiatives, including packaging design, trade show planning, vendor management, campaign execution and budget oversight
- Own business insight, input and management for new product development efforts
- Collaborate closely with CEO, sales leadership and marketing team to develop creative materials, assets and communications
DTC & Customer Marketing
- Partner with eCommerce team to build the brands through direct to consumer and online channels, owning the look and feel, communications, and online merchandising for the brands.
- Work with Sales team to develop and execute in-store marketing programs at strategic retail partners. Communicate key brand messages in-store through a variety of programs including coupons, sampling, demos, point-of-sale signage and shippers.
- 3-5 years of brand marketing or brand management experience in consumer-packaged goods, preferably within the Natural/Specialty Foods space
- 2+ years of experience in DTC and eCommerce marketing required, experience with a digitally native consumer product is a strong plus
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with syndicated data such as IRI/SPINS. An Excel wonk, of course!
- A love of food and enthusiasm in the kitchen a strong plus
- Ability and enthusiasm for translating business questions into data analyses, and data back into actionable business insights
- Experience in a small business or start up environment, working in a limited resource environment, and wearing many hats
- Highly organized. Experience juggling multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Positive, even-keeled personality that can thrive and stay happy in a dynamic, sometimes unpredictable, yet always deadline driven environment
- A team player who genuinely enjoys collaboration, building relationships, and working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation development and storytelling skills in Powerpoint
- BA or equivalent experience in marketing, business or relevant field; MBA a plus, but not required
JOINING THE TEAM
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter at Jobs@latourangelle.com
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef.
Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is to inspire food lovers everywhere. Bringing our commitment to sustainable agriculture and artisanship, we craft delicious, healthy foods that nourish and delight our communities, customers and families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now