Production Engineering ManagerApply Now
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this role will be directly responsible for managing the mill operation and leading the team to attain operational goals. Running 24 hours a day, La Tourangelle’s mill operation uses traditional methods to extract the essence of the nuts used in our artisan oil products. You will directly manage the mill supervisors, overseeing day-to-day operations and continuous improvement of the facility. This position will also work directly with the operational teams at our bottling facility and mill facility to help execute on the capital plan for several new projects at La Tourangelle.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: La Tourangelle Manufacturing Facility, Woodland, CA
- Ensure efficient operation of all production areas at optimum process conditions.
- Supervise the mill operation including safety, quality, production, inbound/outbound shipments and raw material procurement.
- Develop and monitor operations plans and schedule, coordinating maintenance activities to meet schedules by working with mill supervisors and maintenance team.
- Plan and execute equipment installation and testing to assure adequate equipment performance. Ensure compliance of manufacturing processes with quality, regulatory, and safety standards.
- Collaborate with the team and technical personnel to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues. Resolve line-down issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to process development and oversee facility training.
- With Director of Operations, implement capital plan at warehouse and mill, identifying and working with vendors as needed.
- Partner with Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales and Finance to create and introduce new products.
- Direct, lead, motivate and develop team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with chemical engineering degree preferred.
- 5+ years operations or engineering experience, with hands-on supervisory experience of a production team preferred.
- Leadership skills, comfort level with change, and the ability to lead change.
- Solid interpersonal skills and team orientation. Ability to work collaboratively across all functional groups and at all levels.
- Technical and problem-solving skills, including project management.
- Ability to manage 24-hour operation.
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is artisanship and pursuit of exceptional taste with uncompromising nutritional benefits to improve the health, flavor and lives of our customers and our families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now