R&D Food TechnologistApply Now
La Tourangelle is a family-owned producer of artisan food. We are seeking a creative, resourceful, and self-motivated R&D Food Technologist who is passionate about bringing good and real food to food lovers everywhere. The R&D Food Technologist will be the technical lead for all innovation and new products and processes from concept to commercialization.
Reports To: Director of R&D and QA
Location: La Tourangelle Manufacturing Facility in Woodland, CA
New Product Development: Executes product development projects including: formulation development, bench top testing, sensory evaluation, obtaining and evaluating new raw materials (ingredients), documenting all testing undertaken within the project and the results. Preparation of samples for customers.
Commercialization of New & Reformulated Products: Coordinate plant trials and product commercialization. Cost estimates throughout the process & assist with cost reduction of existing products. Shelf life assessments for both products and ingredients. Submission of documents to internal and external regulatory groups. Responsible for Product Label revision and approvals, development of nutritional facts, allergen labeling and ingredient declaration, and keeping up-to-date on current labeling regulations and requirements.
External and Internal Relationships: Develop and maintain relationships with customers R&D and QA groups. Develop and maintain relationships with internal QA, Operations, Marketing and Sales groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related technical field.
- 1-3 years of experience in R&D specifically in Product Development. Culinary experience is an added benefit.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel programs. Knowledgeable with Genesis R&D is a plus.
- Previous experience in a food production environment.
- Retail labeling regulations knowledge preferred.
- High standard of excellence and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to foster a corporate culture of responsiveness and awareness, self-regulation, challenge of status quo and continuous improvement.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, adhere to high safety standards in a warehouse/production environment, lift up to 40 pounds.
- Spanish communication skill an asset.
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is to inspire food lovers everywhere. Bringing our commitment to sustainable agriculture and artisanship, we craft delicious, healthy foods that nourish and delight our communities, customers and families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now