Sales Manager – National AccountsApply Now
La Tourangelle is growing and we’re seeking a proactive Sales Manager of National Accounts to represent our best-in-class culinary oils and organic salad dressings. The Sales Manager will be responsible for growing topline sales in La Tourangelle national accounts, developing strong strategic partnerships and implementing account-level business plans. The ideal candidate most successful in this position will blend their love of good food with their entrepreneurial spirit to drive new opportunities for our brand.
Reports to: VP of Sales
Location: La Tourangelle Corporate Headquarters, Berkeley, CA
- Account Development – Growing topline sales for our National Accounts, which include but are not limited to, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Albertsons and Whole Foods Market. You will manage some of these customers directly and some through a broker network. You will be the primary contact for our direct customers and broker partners. You will create annual account level business plans. These plans will set objectives to support growth through merchandising, promotions, advertising, obtaining shelf space, executing strategic pricing and launching new products.
- Strategic Partnerships – Educating and developing rapport with internal and external customers, you will promote partnerships, seek feedback and proactively address broker and customer needs and requests.
- Analytics – Knowing your business will be imperative in driving sales growth. Performing pre and post promotion analysis and revising future programs as necessary will be a key to your success.
- Budget Management – Achieving Profit & Loss metrics for your customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in natural foods/CPG industry
- Strong grocery sales knowledge of various national accounts, preferably with experience in Natural/Organic and Specialty channels and strong industry contacts to match
- Top National Account customer experience and headquarter penetration (in either a direct selling or partnership resource capacity, i.e. Marketing, Category Management, etc.)
- Ability to analyze data from SPINS, iRi and Nielsen and craft meaningful stories from data sets
- Broker management experience (2 year minimum)
- A track record of challenging but beneficial negotiations while maintaining positive relationships
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to give impactful presentations, and a foundation of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in variable conditions, which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and specific time constraints
- Microsoft Office skills, most especially PowerPoint and Excel
- A love of food and passion for better-for-you products (preferred)
- Advanced project/process skillset, including experience in P&L’s, financial analysis (preferred)
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is artisanship and pursuit of exceptional taste with uncompromising nutritional benefits to improve the health, flavor and lives of our customers and our families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now