Sales Manager – NortheastApply Now
La Tourangelle is growing and we’re seeking a go-getting Sales Manager to represent our best-in-class culinary oils and organic salad dressings in the Northeast US. This is a hands-on selling role that will establish and manage relationships with grocery retailers, brokers, and distributors in the region. The candidate most successful in this position will blend their love of good food with their entrepreneurial spirit to drive new opportunities for our brand.
Reports to: VP of Sales
Location: East Coast
- Account Development – You will be responsible for growing topline sales for customers based on the East Coast of the US. You will manage these customers through a broker network and may also call on customers directly. You will be the primary contact for our broker partners. You will create annual account level business plans. These plans will set objectives to support growth through merchandising, promotions, advertising, obtaining shelf space, executing strategic pricing and launching new products.
- Strategic Partnerships – Educating and developing rapport with internal and external customers, you will promote partnerships, seek feedback and proactively address broker and customer needs and requests.
- Analytics – Knowing your business will be imperative in driving sales growth. Performing pre and post promotion analysis and revising future programs as necessary will be a key to your success.
- Budget Management – You will be responsible for achieving Profit & Loss metrics for your region.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in natural foods/CPG industry
- Strong grocery sales knowledge of the Northeast region, preferably with experience in Natural/Organic and Specialty channels and strong industry contacts to match
- Ability to analyze data from SPINS, iRi and Nielsen and craft meaningful stories from data sets
- Broker Management Experience (1 year Minimum)
- A track record of difficult but beneficial negotiations while maintaining positive relationships
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to give impactful presentations, and a foundation of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in variable conditions, which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and specific time constraints
- Ability to work remotely while maintaining high levels of organization and promoting team culture
- Microsoft Office skills, most especially PowerPoint and Excel
NOT REQUIRED BUT PREFERRED:
- National Account experience (in either a direct selling or partnership resource capacity, i.e. Marketing, Category Management, etc.)
- Advanced project/process skillset, including experience in P&L’s, financial analysis
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is artisanship and pursuit of exceptional taste with uncompromising nutritional benefits to improve the health, flavor and lives of our customers and our families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now