Senior AccountantApply Now
La Tourangelle is seeking a detail-oriented problem solver to join our Finance team as a Senior Accountant. This position will over-see general ledger accounting with a focus on CPG inventory analysis and reporting. This position will play a critical role in implementing internal controls and improved costing methods. The incumbent will work closely with peers across the organization to drive accuracy and efficiency in LATs operations. Additionally, the role will participate in month-end close schedules and the year-end audit. This growth-oriented position has potential to make a strong impact on La Tourangelle as it achieves its ambitious goals, with tons of opportunity for career advancement.
Reports To: Controller
Location: La Tourangelle Manufacturing Facility, Woodland, CA
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and enforcement of accounting systems, policies, and procedures. Ability to improve existing processes.
- Provides financial updates to management by analyzing and reporting appropriate data points related to inventory and costing.
- Oversee the development of overhead and labor standards.
- Analyze and explain variances in direct labor and overhead in manufacturing.
- Ensures accurate and timely month-end close.
- Supports annual financial statement audits.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
Inventory Cost Management
- Manages the companys inventory costing function, including on-site manufacturing and any off-site manufacturing partnerships.
- Manages inventory items and assembly builds, ensuring that ingredient, packaging, and recipe changes are incorporated accurately and timely, in coordination with production schedules.
- Produces accurate inventory costing with the ability to investigate errors in the costing process, including incorrect item allocations and ingredient or production losses.
- Provides cost estimating for new and existing products and participates in cost reduction initiatives.
- Provides product line margin analysis.
- Analyzes inventory risk for obsolescence and maintain accounting of inventory reserves.
- Analyze materials usage and materials variances including purchase price variance, yield, scrap, formulation variances and volume variances.
- Reconcile inventory in manufacturing with General Ledger for month end closing and prepare monthly inventory reports.
- Coordinates with QA, Sourcing, and Sales teams for ingredient and packaging changes.
- Establishes new inventory items prior to purchase and reviews item receipts for accurate coding.
- Coordinates with Production and Supply Chain teams for regular, accurate inventory counts and reconciliation.
- Partner with key team members regularly to keep inventory costs flowing accurately and improve the overall processes related to inventory costing.
- BA in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of prior CPG manufacturing finance experience including standard costing, material, labor, and overhead variance analysis
- Familiarity with internal controls and audit background preferred.
- Expert Excel experience and strong working knowledge of SAP / SAP Business 1 is required.
- Qualified knowledge of accounting principles, accrual accounting, inventory, cost of goods sold, etc;
- Strong analysis and presentation skills with the ability to draw actionable conclusions from data
- Self-motivated and directed, with exceptional attention to detail as well as ability to multi-task
- A demonstrated track record of successful problem solving & negotiation skills
- A proven ability to work cross-functionally, balancing the varied needs of many internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ease and comfort with technology and its use to enhance processes, ability to learn new systems quickly
JOINING THE TEAM
To apply, please send an email with your resume to Jobs@latourangelle.com
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef.
Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is to inspire food lovers everywhere. Bringing our commitment to sustainable agriculture and artisanship, we craft delicious, healthy foods that nourish and delight our communities, customers and families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now