Senior Process EngineerApply Now
La Tourangelle is seeking a Senior Process Engineer with an emphasis on vegetable oil extraction, processing and packaging. Experience with distillation/refining and oil extraction – expeller press operation, centrifugation, filtration, evaporation & distillation, chromatography, unsaponifiable concentration – is highly desired. Likewise, experience in food manufacturing operations, is highly desired. Finally, this critical position requires interactions with several disciplines and a diverse set of experience – excellent interpersonal skills as a must!
The LAT Engineering team builds quality, safety, and cost-efficiency into manufacturing processes as they are developed to produce and package specialty oils and other derivatives. Nuts and seeds are roasted, crushed, and processed using various technologies to achieve optimum extraction, flavors, quality and cost targets. Oils are packaged in various packaging including pressurized packaging and orders are prepared and shipped. All manufacturing activities take place in Woodland, California in La Tourangelle owned plants (2).
Reports To: Sr Director of Production & Engineering
Location: La Tourangelle Manufacturing Facility in Woodland, CA
- Ensure efficient operation of all production areas at optimum process conditions.
- Develop and monitor operations plans and schedule, coordinating maintenance activities to meet schedules by working with mill supervisors and maintenance team.
- Plan and execute equipment installation and testing to assure adequate equipment performance. Ensure compliance of manufacturing processes with quality, regulatory, and safety standards.
- Analyze productivity and lead process optimization efforts.
- Provide estimated CAPEX for equipment modifications plus generate capital and variable cost estimates.
- Prepare project plans, time and resourcing estimates for developing and managing extraction/distillation/refining processes.
- Develop mass balances, process models, and cost estimates for new processes under development
- Collaborate with the team and technical personnel to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues. Resolve line-down issues in a timely manner.
- Partner with Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales and Finance to create and introduce new products.
- Contribute to the strategic development of La Tourangelle Process Development and Manufacturing to ensure those teams are ready to efficiently build the La Tourangelle systems and capabilities we need for the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years operations or engineering experience, with hands-on experience with distillation/refining and oil extraction
- Naturally curious, enjoys working in a fast-paced innovation-centric environment, has an ability to see opportunity where others might not
- Proficiency in food equipment/process engineering, ingredient functionality as it relates to process interactions
- A proven collaborator with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- A strong track record of owning projects from conception to completion with the ability to clearly articulate status and challenges as well as organize the priorities of multiple internal and external stakeholders (Project Management certification a plus).
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills. A track record of beneficial negotiations while maintaining positive relationships.
- An established bias for action, with a can-do attitude and the ability to approach challenges with creative, solution-oriented thinking. Can challenge the status quo.
- General business acumen and literacy with financial reporting.
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and PC skills.
JOINING THE TEAM
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter at Jobs@latourangelle.com
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is to inspire food lovers everywhere. Bringing our commitment to sustainable agriculture and artisanship, we craft delicious, healthy foods that nourish and delight our communities, customers and families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now