Senior QA ManagerApply Now
La Tourangelle is seeking a detail and systems-oriented quality assurance leader to join our growing team. The QA Manager is responsible for achieving best-in-class quality standards products, directing process standardization efforts, and defining QA policies. Additionally, this role is responsible for the ongoing review, strategy development, and operational planning to ensure that all quality assurance programs meet applicable regulations and standards. The QA Manager will collaborate with organizational leadership to achieve quality assurance objectives and create innovative quality systems for new product launches and core business needs.
Location: La Tourangelle Manufacturing Facility, Woodland, CA
- Leads the strategy, administration, and direction of LAT’s Quality Assurance organization, including Receiving Inspection, Supplier Quality Assurance, In-Process Quality Assurance, Sustaining and New Product Development Quality Engineering, and Microbiology activities.
- Develops, administers, and maintains quality systems required to ensure the company’s products are in compliance with quality standards and sustainability goals.
- Leads FDA and other Agency factory inspections. Serves as BRC and Organic audit leader. Responds to nonconformities identified in internal and external audits, and to corrective/preventive actions assigned to Quality Assurance.
- Serves as an integral member of the LAT Food Lab, our internal new product innovation incubator, contributing quality assurance requirements and considerations.
- Leads risk management activities throughout the product lifecycle, including post-production risk management.
- Manages Receiving Inspection team. Coordinates and communicates with internal Procurement group and external suppliers to ensure timely corrective action when purchased goods and services do not meet requirements.
- Works with Sales, Marketing and Production to assure the effective development and qualification of inspection and test methods and equipment.
- Regularly reviews quality systems standards operating procedures and work instructions, making changes as necessary to ensure compliance and efficiency Quality Assurance processes.
- Provides input to the Management Review Process for systems assigned to Quality Assurance. Responds to corrective actions assigned from Management Review meetings.
- Maintains oversight of the administration of all facets of quality assurance and microbiology for new and current products in order to assure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Passionate about high quality natural/specialty food and inspired by the La Tourangelle brand.
- 4-6 years of QA experience, preferably with consumer-packaged foods within the Natural/Specialty Foods space.
- Experience leading audits including BRC, Organic, FDA, etc
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Experience managing multiple projects while working with various, internal and external teams.
- Experience managing or supervising a team and leading that team to success
- Positive attitude and self-motivated; able to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong creative and copywriting skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, food science, food technology, related field, or equivalent QA experience
- Nice to haves:
- Experience establishing QA systems with third party manufacturing partners
- Spanish communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience working in cross functional innovation/new product development teams
- Experience implementing sustainability-focused process improvements
JOINING THE TEAM
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter at Jobs@latourangelle.com
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is to inspire food lovers everywhere. Bringing our commitment to sustainable agriculture and artisanship, we craft delicious, healthy foods that nourish and delight our communities, customers and families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now