Sourcing SpecialistApply Now
The Sourcing Specialist will drive improvements in efficiency, supplier performance, and operational effectiveness for the La Tourangelle Sourcing and Operations teams. Reporting to the Director of Sourcing & Sustainability and working closely with the Sourcing Manager, the Sourcing Specialist will play a vital support role in the sourcing of all LAT raw materials and components, including oils, ingredients, packaging, and manufacturing materials. The Sourcing Specialist will work cross-functionally with multiple teams across the company.
Reports To: Director of Sourcing & Sustainability
Location: La Tourangelle Manufacturing Facility in Woodland, CA
Sourcing and Procurement
- Generate and manage purchase orders and support the Director of Sourcing & Sustainability and Sourcing Manager with sourcing of oils, packaging, and other raw materials and ingredients.
- Assemble and analyze data and compile reports for the Sourcing team to drive decision-making on demand planning, inventory management, and supplier performance assessment
- Ensure integration with the Quality Assurance team and optimal quality control of all incoming oils, packaging, and other raw materials.
- Support relationship management with select domestic and international suppliers.
Traffic & Logistics
- Manage and constantly monitor product delivery schedules, including consistent and frequent interaction with suppliers.
- Manage ocean freight and customs for inbound overseas shipments, and logistics for inbound domestic shipments.
- Assemble and constantly update shipping rates for inbound freight from overseas and domestic suppliers. Manage relationships with international and domestic transport and logistics providers, and customs brokers. Drive cost optimization in shipping and logistics across all LAT raw materials, ingredients, and components.
- Manage logistics for outbound shipments of bulk oils, in particular those destined for export.
- Play both lead and support roles in select new customer and new product development projects.
- Research and identify new suppliers of oils, components, and other ingredients and raw materials.
- 3-5 years of experience in procurement, sales, logistics, or operational roles, preferably in the food and beverage, CPG, agricultural commodities, or retail/grocery industries. Direct experience with sourcing, procurement, and/or inventory management preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, agriculture, food science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Microsoft Office and PC skills required. Strong capabilities with Microsoft Excel and database programs preferred.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving capabilities required.
- Passion for working with and creating new food products. Professional experience in the food industry preferred.
- Ability to simultaneously take initiative and work independently while also working as a member of a cross-disciplinary and multifunctional team required.
- An established bias for action, with a can-do attitude and the ability to approach challenges with creative, solution-oriented thinking.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication abilities. The Sourcing Specialist must be able to thrive in a global business environment and as a member of a multinational and multicultural team.
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is to inspire food lovers everywhere. Bringing our commitment to sustainable agriculture and artisanship, we craft delicious, healthy foods that nourish and delight our communities, customers and families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
La Tourangelle is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity, base employment decisions on merit, and want to have the best available person in each job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by US, California, or local laws.Apply Now