Chewy Frosted Hazel-Nog CookiesShare Pin It Print This Recipe
The inspiration for this recipe started where many great things do – with a cup of coffee! After adding a splash of eggnog to our favorite hazelnut blend, we stumbled upon a flavor combo that was too good not to share. Enter the Hazel-Nog cookie, because why settle for only one amazing festive flavor when you can have two?
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut oil
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Ground nutmeg for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in hazelnut oil and eggnog, and then slowly fold in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Using a large cookie dough scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches on each side.
- Bake for 11 – 13 minutes, rotating the sheet pan once during cook time so that the cookies bake evenly.
- While cookies are baking, make frosting. In a large bowl, cream together all frosting ingredients until fluffy and smooth.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before frosting. Frost cookies and sprinkle with nutmeg for garnish.