Chicken Breast Sheet Pan Dinner with Crunchy Walnut VinaigretteShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Bold fall flavors come together in perfect harmony for this delicious one-pan-wonder meal! With juicy chicken breasts, tender butternut squash, wilted kale, and tart dried cranberries topped with a tangy crunchy walnut vinaigrette, this is the perfect dish to wow dinner guests. Skip the laborious clean up that often comes with entertaining and spend more time enjoying good food and good company.
- 20 oz. butternut squash (about 1 medium butternut squash, peeled with seeds removed), chopped roughly
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil (or other high-temp cooking oil)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 5oz. container Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Kale
- ½ cup dried cranberries
For the Walnut Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grain mustard
- ½ tsp honey
- ¾ cup toasted walnuts (to toast, place walnuts in a 400°F oven for about ~5 minutes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss squash, onion and thyme with 2 tablespoons of walnut oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the squash mixture for 15 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, drizzle a cast iron skillet or large sauté pan with grapeseed oil and bring to medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them skin side down into the hot skillet. Cook the chicken skin side down for 5 – 7 minutes or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the sheet pan of squash from the oven and place the browned chicken breasts on top of the mixture, with the skin side facing up. Place back into the 400°F oven and roast for an additional 20 minutes. Add the kale to the mixture and stir to incorporate and then cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the kale is wilted, the chicken is cooked through and the squash is tender. Remove from the oven and let rest for a few moments so the chicken can retain its yummy juices.
- In the meantime, make the walnut vinaigrette by whisking together all ingredients and gently stirring in the toasted walnuts at the end. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the sheet pan mixture and sprinkle with dried cranberries to serve.