Chocolate Pecan Pots de CremeShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Pots de creme, also referred to as ‘petits pots’ is a classic French dessert that stems back to the 17th century. Rich, creamy, and delectable, these lightly prepared custards are simple to make and a great opportunity to discover unlimited varieties of flavor combinations. Roasted Pecan Oil enhances the rich semisweet chocolate notes, finished with a salty fresh burst from in-season berries and sea salt garnish.
- Place the chocolate and Pecan Oil in a blender.
- Whisk the milk, 1 cup cream, egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the spatula and almost boiling, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Immediately pour the milk mixture over the chocolate in the blender. Cover and hold the lid with a thick kitchen towel; blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Divide the chocolate mixture among ramekins or small cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh berries and sea salt before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network.com