ColeslawShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Coleslaw is a quintessential side dish at any barbecue. This recipe brings shredded cabbage together with sliced Brussels sprouts and sweet golden raisins for a delicious mixture of flavor and color. Served with a vinaigrette of Grapeseed and Walnut Oil, this tasty summer salad could stand all on its own.
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Tbsp Walnut Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded raw brussels sprouts
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- In a small bowl, soak the raisins in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, pressing out any liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the red wine vinegar with the whole-grain mustard and sugar. Whisk in the Grapeseed and Walnut Oils and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add the shredded cabbage, shredded Brussels sprouts, carrot, onion, chives and raisins.
- Toss the salad well. Season with salt and pepper and toss the salad again.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and serve.