Cranberry Apple Walnut CrispShare Pin It Print This Recipe
A flavorful finale for your holiday feasts! Our Cranberry Apple Walnut Crisp gets an earthy, nutty twist with La Tourangelle Walnut Oil and crunchy walnuts baked into the topping. Perfect on its own, but truly magical with a scoop of velvety vanilla ice cream on top!
• 6 – 8 firm apples (roughly 2 lbs. – we like Macoun, Cortland, and Honeycrisp), peeled, cored, and sliced thick
• 1 cup fresh cranberries, cleaned
• Grated zest of one orange
• Grated zest of one lemon
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup walnuts
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ½ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¾ cup old-fashioned oatmeal
• 1 stick cold butter, diced
• 1 cup walnut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crisp filling and mix well so that the apples are evenly coated.
- Pour into a large cast iron skillet or 13×9 inch baking pan
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the topping ingredients except the walnuts, using your hands to break up the bits of butter into even smaller pieces. Stir in the walnuts.
- Spread the topping evenly over the filling and bake crisp for 50 – 55 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.