Date Night PizzaShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to make a date night dinner for two. Our French-infused Garlic Oil is blended into a fresh kale pesto and tops a tasty homemade pizza dough. Feel free to use this base to explore other toppings from cured meats to fresh veggies. A drizzle of our Infused Oils gives this pizza an extra kick of flavor!
For the kale pesto sauce (makes 1 cup)
- 2 packed cups kale, stems removed & chopped
- 2 packed cups basil, including stems
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Garlic Oil
For the pizza crust (makes three 12-inch pies)
- 3 2/3 cup bread flour
- ½ tsp yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp lukewarm water
- 2 tsp salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing
For the toppings
- 1 large mozzarella ball, sliced into ¼ inch medallions
- 1-1 ½ cup sliced artichoke hearts
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- Red pepper flake
- 1/3 cup Percorino Romano, shredded
Make the kale pesto:
- In a food processor, add all ingredients, except Garlic Oil. Process on High for a few minutes, pausing and scraping the walls.
- With food processor running on High, slowly pour garlic oil and let processor run for a few minutes to make sauce fluffy and creamy. Transfer to a glass jar. Use as a sauce for pizza, pasta and more! Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a few weeks.
Make the dough:
- Combine water and yeast and let the mixture sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Combine salt and flour together; mix thoroughly. Add yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Using a dough hook attachment on a standing mixer, knead the mixture until a smooth ball forms.
- Divide and shape the dough into 3 equal sized balls. Coat them with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and let them rest at room temperature for 3-4 hours in a covered container.
Assemble the pizza:
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Place one of the risen dough balls on a well-floured surface, and with a rolling pin or your fingers, roughly shape it into a 12” circle.
- Spread 1/3 cup pesto sauce on the shaped dough, leaving ¼-1/2inch border for the crust to form.
- Top with slices of red onion, artichoke hearts and mozzarella; sprinkle on shredded red pepper flake and Pecorino.
- Transfer to a pizza stone/baking sheet, and bake for 11-13minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Slice and serve immediately.
NOTE: Unleash your inner chef by adding toppings of your choice – tomatoes, olives, fresh basil, pepperoni, sausage crumbles, etc. An additional drizzle of our Infused Oils is the perfect finish!