Double Chocolate SnowballsShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Snowballs are the perfect holiday cookie. Decadent dark chocolate and Walnut Oil pair together in a rich, flavorful dough. With a generous dusting of powdered sugar, these cookies will delight one and all this season.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Walnut Oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Additional powdered sugar, for rolling (about 1 – 1 1/2 cups)
- Preaheat oven to 375°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix butter, Walnut Oil, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt and mix until the dough comes together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. If dough is too soft, chill it until you can work it easily with your hands.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of dough and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown and the tops are no longer glossy.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes, until you can handle them.
- Fill a small bowl with 1 cup powdered sugar and roll each cookie in the sugar until coated. Place on a rack to cool.
- Once cookies have cooled, you may want to re-roll them in more powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from justapinch.com