- 1 cup + 2 tbsp La Tourangelle 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs. yukon gold or russet potatoes, cut into ⅛-inch thick coins
- 6 eggs
- 1½ tsp salt
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Heat 1 cup La Tourangelle 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large (about 12-inch) non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and saute until soft but not browned, 5-10 minutes. Add the coined potatoes and gently toss to coat them in the oil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are very tender but not browned, about 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are almost done, lightly beat together the eggs and salt in a large bowl. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes and onions to bowl of eggs. Wipe out the pan and return it to the stove over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and swirl around the pan to thoroughly coat the bottom and sides.
- Gently stir the potatoes into the gg mixture to combine. Pour the egg and potato mixture into the heated, oiled pan. After a minute, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the tortilla is set on the bootom and edges, about 7-10 minutes.
- Place a large, flat plate (or a lightweight cutting board) over the pan and carefully invert the tortilla onto the plate. Set the pan back on the stove, and carefully slide the tortilla back into the pan. Cook on this side until the bottom of tortilla is set, about 5-10 minutes.
- Invert tortilla onto a clean, flat plate and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing into it. Cut the tortilla into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature. Garnih with fresh chopped chives.