Fennel and Citrus Salad with MintShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Let the sun shine in during these cold winter months with this bright, delicious fennel and citrus salad. A colorful array of oranges and grapefruit compliments the crispness of shaved fennel. Finish with some buttery Avocado Oil and a squeeze of lemon juice for a refreshing twist on traditional fruit salad.
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 blood orange
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 fennel bulbs—halved, cored and thinly sliced on a mandolin, 2 Tbsp of chopped fronds reserved
- 2 Tbsp small mint leaves, torn
- Using a sharp knife, cut the skin and white pith from the grapefruits and oranges. Horizontally slice ¼-inch thick rounds of the fruits and place in a shallow serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir the Avocado Oil with the honey and lemon juice. Add 3 Tbsp of the citrus juice and season with salt. Reserve the remaining citrus juice for another use.
- Toss the fennel and citrus sections with the dressing. Garnish with the chopped fennel fronds, mint leaves and serve right away.