Five Minute HummusShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Hummus is a quick and healthy snack for any time of day. Our rich Extra Virgin Olive Oil brings chickpeas, tahini and garlic together in a smooth, flavor blend. Use as a creamy dip for vegetables, a hearty sandwich spread or even on its own with pita. Lunchtime has never been easier!
- 3 15 oz cans of chickpeas, drained with liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup reserved chickpea liquid
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 zest of lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender; start to blend at a low speed until ingredients are mixed together. Slowly increase the speed and blend on high for 5 minutes until smooth and creamy. If the hummus is not blending to your desired consistency, add more reserved chickpea liquid 1 tablespoon at a time.
- To serve, use the back of a spoon to spread the hummus out into a shallow bowl, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley, paprika and za’atar. Serve with warm pita and plenty of seasonal vegetables, or spread on your favorite sandwich. Store in fridge for up to 1 week.