German Pear Walnut CakeShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Whether you are serving a coffee cake in the morning or an elegant dessert after dinner, this pear walnut cake is a welcome addition to any table. Juicy, seasonal pears top a rich, moist cake that is loaded with toasted walnuts and flavorful Walnut Oil. This may become your go-to recipe this fall! Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Walnut Oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt (low or full fat)
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and flour a 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Walnut Oil, yogurt, lemon juice and zest and whisk again so that everything is well mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until the batter is smooth (feel free to use a stand mixer).
- Pour the mixture in the prepared baking pan. Place the pear slices on top and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out free of crumbs.
- Let the pear walnut cake kcool completely before slicing.