Key Lime PieShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Key lime pie is a summertime staple. Skip the heaviness of melted butter with the rich flavor and healthy fats of AvoCoco Oil instead. You will never have to feel guilty about enjoying a second slice of this creamy dessert.
(for the crust)
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp AvoCoco
- 2 tablespoon sugar
(for the filling)
- 2 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup sour cream
(for the topping)
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 325°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add AvoCoco and stir until evenly moistened. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate to form crust. Bake 10 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and sour cream in large bowl until blended. Stir in lime peel. Pour filling into crust. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until tiny bubbles begin to form on surface of pie. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff. Top pie with whipped cream. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Best served the same day.