Mediterranean Baked FishShare Pin It
Treat your simple white fish to some Mediterranean flair and flavor with a healthy serving of Avocado Oil. Green onions, capers and garlic are brightened with fresh lemon juice before baking in the oven. Serve with chopped dill and lemon slices for a fresh finish.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Avocado Oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly-sliced
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 tsp seasoned salt, or to your taste
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 lb white fish fillet (for instance Halibut works well)
- 4-6 green onions, top trimmed, halved length-wise
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped fresh dill for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and Avocado Oil with a dash of seasoned salt. Stir in the shallots, garlic and capers.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the seasoned salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Sprinkle fish fillets on both sides with seasoning.
- Place the fish fillets on a lightly-oiled large baking pan or dish. Cover with the Avocado Oil and lime mixture prepared earlier. Now arrange the green onion halves and lemon slices on top.
- Bake in 375 degrees F-heated oven for 10-15 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the fish fillets from the oven and garnish with the chopped fresh dill.