Olive Oil Apple-Spiced CakeShare Pin It
If you decide that olive oil sounds good, not only for savory dishes, but for sweet ones as well, you will love this mom’s favorite cake. Using a good-quality olive oil makes a difference in this cake, which is dense and moist and just the right amount of sweet.
- -1½ cups all-purpose flour
- -1 cup sugar
- -1½ tsp. each baking powder and baking soda
- -1 tsp. each ground cinnamon and salt
- -1 cup La Tourangelle 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- -¾ cup milk
- -¼ cup each orange liqueur and freshly squeezed orange juice
- -2 extra-large eggs
- -1 unpeeled baking apple (such as McIntosh, Jonathan or Rome), cored and grated
- -Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sift together flour and next 5 ingredients; set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil and next 4 ingredients. Stir in grated apple and reserved flour mixture until blended. Pour mixture into a well-greased 9-in. round cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Top with powdered sugar.