Raspberry-Rose DonutsShare Pin It Print This Recipe
These baked donuts are pretty in pink and a cause for celebration at the breakfast table! Our roasted Almond Oil lends flavor and moisture to the batter, while creamy Coconut Oil is the base for a sweet raspberry-rose icing. Perfect for dunking or delicious on their own, raspberry-rose donuts make any time of the day a special treat.
(for the donut batter)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, or 2 flax eggs
- 4 Tbsp Almond Oil
- 2 Tbsp raspberry yogurt, or plain
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
(for the icing)
- 7 Tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1/4 tsp rose extract, optional
- For the batter, preheat the oven to 375 F, and simply mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk till well combined.
- Grease a donut baking pan with Coconut Oil and fill with the batter. Pop into the oven to cook for about 10 minutes, till golden brown.
- In the meantime, make the glaze by melting the coconut butter with the coconut oil.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until the raspberries have been smashed and mixed into the batter.
- Dunk the top half of the donuts into the glaze. The glaze should harden immediately, but if they don’t simply pop them into the fridge for a few minutes to set.
- If you want more glaze on top you can always spoon the glaze onto of the donut. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy Marie Reginato