Roasted Beet and Rhubarb SaladShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Roasted root vegetables, like golden beets, are perfect for a warm salad when paired with rhubarb and spicy arugula. The tartness of rhubarb complements the natural sweetness of the beets in a colorful spring combination. Chopped walnuts and roasted Walnut Oil give extra crunch and flavor in this exceptional side dish.
- 2 rhubarb, sliced into 2-3inch pieces (leaves removed)
- 2 Tbsp Walnut Oil
- One bunch Halved baby beets
- Handful of fresh arugula
- Handful of walnuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss rhubarb slices with Walnut Oil and beets.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roast in a covered dish (such as a small dutch oven) at 375 degrees until tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool; save the roasting juices for plating.
- Divide arugula between two bowls and spoon the roasted beets and rhubarb onto the arugula.
- Drizzle with roasting juices and chopped walnuts; serve and enjoy!