Roasted Pistachio Oil and White Chocolate BiscottiShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Whether you are baking for the holiday season or just looking for something to accompany an afternoon cup of tea, these flavorful biscotti cookies are a winner. Toasted pistachios and creamy white chocolate are combined with our award-winning Pistachio Oil to create a delicious, crunchy treat. Biscotti makes for an excellent gift to share with loved ones!
- 3 Tbsp. Pistachio Oil
- ½ cup toasted pistachios, salted or unsalted—rolled in flour
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus a Tbsp. for the pistachios)
- ½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- In a blender or food processor, mix the sugar, Pistachio Oil and butter. Gradually add the eggs and blend, then gradually add the flour, baking powder and kosher salt.
- Take the toasted pistachios and roll them in a pinch of flour.
- Now mix in the lemon zest, vanilla, white chocolate chips & floured pistachios and blend for another minute or two until the dough is brought together. You may have to work it with your hands to bring it all together into a ball of dough with the nuts and chips.
- Form the dough into four equal size logs and place into the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap to chill for at least an hour.
- Heat your oven to 350º and then place the dough logs onto greased cookie sheets and leave them some space to spread out and bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven once browned and let cool slightly.
- Carefully move the cooled, baked logs onto a cutting board and slice into ½ inch diagonal slices while still warm.
- Using a spatula pick up the delicate slices and place them back on the baking sheet and bake for another 5–10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Store in an airtight container up to one week.
Recipe by Dave Martin