Spiced Hazelnut ButterShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Why settle for ordinary peanut butter when you can enjoy an elevated nut butter with roasted hazelnuts and warm seasonal spices? Spread this spiced hazelnut butter over rustic whole wheat bread and a rich raspberry preserves for an especially delicious lunchtime treat. Make your everyday PB&J gourmet!
- 4 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2 tsps raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp Hazelnut Oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread hazelnuts onto a large baking sheet and evenly distribute in one layer. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow nuts to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a large kitchen towel. Wrap nuts in towel and roll the nuts so that skins of the hazelnuts are removed. Keeping the skins on is okay, although your nut butter will not be as creamy.
- Transfer the toasted nuts to a food processor. Process on high until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add sugar and Hazelnut Oil while blending. Continue to process until you reach desired consistency.
- Once blended, add spices and salt. Continue to blend for 30 seconds. Pour into a container. To keep fresh, store in the fridge for up to 1 month.