Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Bites – Coconut OilShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Summer is on the way, and the strawberries are in season! Instead of making a whole pie, make the perfect bite size treat with fresh rhubarb and strawberries, plus a nutty flavor complex of Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Pie crust (rolled out)
- 8-10 fresh strawberries
- 2 stalks of rhubarb
- La Tourangelle Virgin Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- A mug and a fork
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice rhubarb and strawberries into very small bites. Place in frying pan with sugar, a spoonful of coconut oil and a dash of butter. Put on low heat and let simmer until strawberry and rhubarb are soft.
- Take your rolled out pie crust (homemade or store bought work) and use your mug as a cookie cutter to create large circles. Next, place your strawberry/rhubarb ingredients in a circle and fold over to a half circle. Then close the dough with using your fork to indent.
- Next, melt a bit of butter and coconut oil in the microwave and wash the mixture on the mini pies with a cooking brush. Finish off by sprinking sea salt on top for a sweet and salty flavor.
- Place on an ungreased cooking sheet in the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy Jenna Whitecar