Suncoco BlondiesShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Why make blondies with butter, when you could make them with sun coco oil, a blend of sunflower oil and refined coconut oil. Studded with plenty of shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, and bittersweet chocolate, they stay soft and chewy for days.
1/2 cup La Tourangelle sun coco oil, plus more for the pan
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract. Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt, and most of the chocolate, coconut, and sunflower seeds. Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate, coconut, and sunflower seeds.
- Bake until the top looks dry and set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 24 to 28 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To serve, use the paper overhang to transfer the blondie to a cutting board. Cut into 16 pieces.
Recipe by Samantha Seneviratne for Food 52