- 1 red onion or shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) light tahini
- 1 tbsp raw sugar/coconut sugar/maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 medium sweet potato (or 1 1/2 small ones), peeled
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 1 large carrot , peeled into ribbons
- 1 radicchio, finely shredded (or you can use 1/4 head of red cabbage)
- handful of sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 a large bunch of cilantro, finely chopped (stems & leaves)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (toast them in a dry frying pan over a high heat)
Place the sliced onion and garlic into a bowl with the lime juice. Let it sit for a few minutes.
Add in the rest of the dressing ingredients and stir well to combine. Set aside while you prep the salad.
Take the peeled sweet potato and slice it into ‘planks’ about 2mm thick. Stack a few planks up and cut them into matchsticks. Repeat with the rest of the planks until you have gathered a ton of matchsticks ( a spiralizer will work just as well).
Place the sweet potato matchsticks, zucchini ribbons, carrot ribbons, shredded radicchio, sliced spring peas, spring onion & most of the cilantro into a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss the salad together with your hands, slightly massaging it into everything.
Top the salad with the rest of the cilantro and the toasted sesame seeds.