Caprese Salad with Whipped Ricotta
Looking for a simple way to use up your bounty of ripe, summer tomatoes? Try this easy, deconstructed Caprese salad with delicious whipped ricotta. Our Basil Oil infuses rich, creamy ricotta cheese and makes the perfect carrier for juicy heirloom tomatoes and zucchini. Pair with some crusty bread, a glass of wine and dinner is served!
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
2 Tbsp La Tourangelle Basil Oil, divided
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Pulse the ricotta cheese, Basil Oil, salt and pepper until creamy and smooth in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the sliced tomatoes, zucchini, vinegar, remaining Basil Oil and pinch of sea salt in a mixing bowl.
- Divide the whipped ricotta into four bowls and top with the dressed veggies. Feel free to sprinkle fresh basil over the bowls before serving.