Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Riced cauliflower makes a flavorful base for this tasty vegetarian pizza. A blend of cheeses, sliced chives and Garlic Oil bake together in a golden crust. Gluten-free has never tasted so good.
- 3 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Pecorino Romano, shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup gruyere cheese
- A bunch of chives stalks, whites included, bulbs trimmed and halved
2 tbsp La Tourangelle Garlic Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place cauliflower rice in a glass bowl and add 1 tablespoon water microwave on high for 2 minutes. Pour the cauliflower rice into the center of a thin dish towel, then twist it up and use your hands to firmly wring out moisture. Quite a lot of liquid should be released, leaving you with a dry lump of cauliflower pulp.
- Place the cauliflower pulp in a large mixing bowl and mix in the egg, cheese, salt and pepper, stirring well to create a uniform mixture.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the baking sheet and use your hands to press the crust firmly into a large circular or rectangular crust, about ¼ inch thick. Be sure to pack the cauliflower mixture together firmly and evenly, leaving no thin spots where the crust may crack.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is dry and golden, then carefully flip the crust over and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Brush 2 tbsp Garlic Oil on the crust, then top with Gruyere cheese. Lay the halved chive stalks lengthwise along the crust. Finish with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, plus a desirable drizzle of Garlic Oil. Bake for 10-12min, until cheese is visibly melted and chives start to golden. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly before enjoying!