Diwali Chickpea and Pumpkin Curry
- 1 tablespoon La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 1 15 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon high quality curry powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups peeled, cubed, and blanched fresh pie pumpkin
- Cilantro for garnish
- Basmati rice for serving
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in grapeseed oil for about 5 minutes or until tender and translucent. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger and cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic chili paste, canned tomatoes and spices. Lower the heat so the sauce reaches a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 3 – 5 more minutes.
- Carefully transfer the sauce to a blender and blitz until super smooth. Add the sauce back to the pan and stir in the half and half.
- Add the canned chickpeas and blanched pumpkin and bring up to a simmer. Cook for another 3 – 5 minutes or until the flavors have had a nice chance to mingle.
- To enjoy, top the curry with cilantro and serve with Basmati rice.