DIY Almond Joys
Rileigh Smith (@nurturednutrition_)
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1, 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp La Tourangelle Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 24 almonds (~1/4 cup)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
2 tbsp La Tourangelle Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sea salt until smooth. Mix in the coconut flakes until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Add a tiny bit of coconut oil to your hands (the coconut oil will help prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands so the mixture is easier to handle), then using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop the mixture to form logs. Transfer to lined baking sheet, then press an almond in the center of each log.
- Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate coating. Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium pot and cook on low heat, stirring frequently until melted.
- Working quickly, roll each almond joy into the chocolate, scraping off the excess and transfer bake to baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened. Serve immediately or place in refrigerator until ready to enjoy! Makes about 24 almond joy candies.