DIY Raspberry Coconut Oil Lip Gloss + Cheek Stain
Make your own all natural tinted lip balm with Virgin Coconut Oil. A warm pink color yielding from raspberry and beetroot powder, the balm keeps your lips hydrated all day with a subtle but lush tone.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons shea butter
- ½ teaspoon beeswax pellets (optional, see note)
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried raspberry powder
- ½ teaspoons beetroot powder
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Add the raspberry and beetroot powders. Let stand for 30-60 minutes, or longer to infuse the oil. If using adding beeswax, heat the coconut oil again and add the beeswax, allowing it to melt completely. Let cool until still fairly warm, but not too hot. Strain the warm oil through a several layers of cheesecloth placed over a fine mesh sieve. Press gently on the solids to extract as much of the oil as possible. Stir in the shea butter (it should melt easily if the oil is warm enough.) Let cool.
- As the mixture cools, it may start to separate a little bit. Stir to keep the color particle suspended in the coconut oil. When it's solidified, gently beat it with a spoon until light and creamy. Transfer to a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Keep somewhere cool. Will keep for several months.
- The beeswax is optional. It will give the gloss a firmer texture, more like a balm.
- For a darker shade, add more beetroot powder. For a different shade, mica powder could also be added.