Easy Pesto Pasta with Basil Oil
Lunches and Littles
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (toasted and divided)
- 1 cup arugula (packed)
- 1 cup basil leaves (packed)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup La Tourangelle Basil Oil
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 - 1 pint cherry tomatoes
For the pesto
- Start off by toasting pine nuts
- heat a shallow pan over medium-high heat and toast pine nuts until golden, tossing often. Remove from heat.
- Next, in the bowl of a food processor add 1/4 cup only pine nuts, plus arugula, basil, garlic cloves and cheese.
- Pulse until well-combined.
- Slowly add Basil Oil into processor, pulsing until pesto begins to emulsify, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in lemon juice. Pulse again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and voila!
For the pesto pasta
- Cook pasta al dente in generously salted water. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Combine pesto with pasta noodles in a large mixing/serving bowl. Stir to coat.
- Add tomatoes, as shown. Top with reserved pine nuts and enjoy.