Farmer's Market Roots Bowl with Flaxseed Dressing
- 4 rainbow carrots
- ½ pink watermelon radish
- ½ purple radish
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh dill leaves
- Handful organic pistachios
- 1 tbsp La Tourangelle Organic Flaxseed Oil
- 2 tbsp juice from meyer lemon
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup
For the bowl
For the dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and a dash of olive oil.
- Cut carrots in halves lengthwise and then bite size horizontal pieces. Place on the baking sheet and toss with sumac, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 mins.
- Prep a medium mixing bowl with ice water. Thinly slice your radishes using a knife or a mandolin. Place round circles in an ice bath for 15 mins to make them crispy.
- Prep your herbs by pulling off just the leaves of the parsley, mint and dill - discard the stems.
- Make your dressing in a small bowl. Add all ingredients and whisk together using a fork.
- When the carrots are cooked, they should be browned, soft and a little crispy. Pull them out of the oven and let them sit for 5 mins.
- Drain your radishes and pat dry using a paper towel.
- To serve, using a large salad bowl or plate, place the radishes around the outside of the bowl, and then pile the roasted carrots on the inside. Pour your dressing over the top, making sure all the radishes get some. Decorate with the fresh herbs. a pinch of flakey maldon salt, and a sprinkle of sumac.