Matzo crackers can be used in a variety of ways. Why not create your own delicious breakfast granola with crushed matzo, chopped nuts and dried fruit? Organic Coconut Oil coats all of these healthy ingredients with rich flavor and beneficial antioxidants. Enjoy a bowl with milk of your choice or take with you as an easy snack on the go!
- Organic Canola Spray Oil
- 3 cups whole wheat matzo crackers, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 6 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with Organic Canola Spray Oil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together matzo, almonds and pecans. Spread matzo mixture in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake until toasted, about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place Coconut Oil, sugar, honey, salt and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-low heat and cook until Coconut Oil is melted and mixture is well combined.
Transfer toasted matzo mixture to a large bowl and add Coconut Oil mixture; toss to coat. Return mixture to rimmed baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Stir cooled granola on baking sheet and transfer to an airtight container, breaking up larger pieces. Add dried fruit, cover container, and shake to combine.