Morning Oatmeal Bake
Serve up a healthy breakfast on-the-go with this quick and easy morning oatmeal bake. Avocado Oil blends with hearty oats, egg whites, warm cinnamon, and dried fruit. A topping of sliced apples gives this oatmeal extra color and flavor. With this simple recipe, you can have a week's worth of breakfasts ready to go.
- 2 ¼ cup quick oats
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 1/3 cup skim milk (or milk substitute of your choice- almond, soy, rice)
- 4 egg whites
1 Tbsp La Tourangelle Avocado Oil, plus more for coating the pan
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat 8-inch square glass baking dish with La Tourangelle Avocado Oil.
In a large mixing bowl combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg whites, oil, and vanilla; whisk thoroughly until thick and frothy.
Add wet mix to the dry ingredients; mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Fold in dried cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Pour into greased baking dish. Top with apple slices in desired pattern.
Bake uncovered 55-60m minutes or until the center is set and firm.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Top with maple syrup, additional chopped nuts, fruit, yogurt, etc. if desired for extra crunch. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.