Organic Sunflower Oil Potato Latkes (Video)
The Organic Sunflower Oil from La Tourangelle is perfect for frying Latkes.
- 1 Russet Potato
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
La Tourangelle Sunflower Oil
- Coursly grate the onion and potato with the grating attachment in a food processor. Transfer the potato mixture into cheesecloth in a strainer over a bowl and squeeze out any excess liquid. Set aside.
In another bowl put the remainder of the ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Add the potato mixture and stir well.
- Place a non stick pan over medium high heat and add 1/8 to 1/4 inch of the Organic Sunflower Oil. Wait until the oil is hot enough that it shimmers a little. At this point you should also be able to smell it a little.
- Spoon teaspoon sized lumps of the potato mixture into the pan and gently press them out a bit to flatten them. Fry them for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer them to a paper towel lined baking sheet. You may keep them in a 200 degree oven until you are ready to serve.