Peanut Banana Bread
A twist on the classic banana bread, this peanut banana bread is better than its sandwich counterpart. Simply swapping Roasted Peanut oil for butter and roasted peanuts for walnuts creates a moist bread that brings back schoolyard memories, perfectly enjoyable with your morning cup of coffee.
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp La Tourangelle Roasted Peanut Oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan with 1 tablespoon roasted peanut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanut oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the yogurt, peanuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.