Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 8-10 lb. bone-in pork shoulder
- 3 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
Potato bread buns, for serving
- Place pork shoulder on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, paprika, dry mustard, cumin, and cayenne. Rub pork with spice mixture, being sure to cover all sides. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove pork shoulder from refrigerator and bring to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add Grapeseed Oil. Add pork shoulder to Dutch oven and sear, turning, until golden brown all over, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add 2 cups of water to Dutch oven and position pork shoulder fat-side up, and cover. Transfer to oven and cook until meat shreds easily with two forks, 5 to 6 hours. Baste with pan juices every hour.
- When cooked, remove from Dutch-oven and shred meat with two forks. Serve meat on buns with coleslaw.