Rhubarb Almond Flour Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) finely blanched almond flour
- 1 cup (120 grams) oat flour
- 2/3 cup (100 grams) coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk (2% or whole)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon La Tourangelle Roasted Almond Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (100 grams) finely chopped rhubarb + 2 extra stalks for making the decoration on top
- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- Mix almond flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, milk, almond oil, vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine until no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Use a large cookie scoop to add batter, almost near the top, of each liner.
Cut one-inch diagonal pieces of rhubarb. Top each muffin with three pieces, in a triangle shape. Sprinkle with crushed almonds.
Bake for 24-26 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.