Burmese Style Fried Rice
Use our Roasted Peanut Oil in this fried rice with a Burmese style twist.
- 2 Tbs. La Tourangelle Roasted Peanut Oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1/2 to 3/4 Tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots (a fairly large bulb)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
4 cups cooked, cold rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 Tsp. salt, add more if necessary
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Heat La Tourangelle Roasted Peanut Oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add turmeric and let it dissolve in oil. Add shallots and cook for about 3 minutes, until they turn translucent. Be sure to stir the shallots frequently.
Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add rice and stir. Use the back of your spatula to break up any big clumps of rice. Add peas, salt, and sliced scallions. Continue cooking until rice has heated through, about a few minutes.
- Top rice with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve with your favorite vegetables and protein.