Virgin Coconut Oil Hazelnut Shortbread (Video)
Chef Anne Goffin
Chef Anne Goffin will show you how to make Hazelnut Shortbread with Virgin Coconut Oil from La Tourangelle.
- 1/2 cup Raw Hazelnuts, not skinned
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Virgin Coconut Oil, Melted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine hazelnuts, flour and salt in a food processor. Process until the hazelnuts are ground finely. Add the maple syrup and oil, pulsing to combine. The dough should be kneadable and not crumbly.
- Place the dough on the prepared sheet, knead it for a couple of beats just to make sure it is cohesive, and press it down with your hands to form an 8 x 4-inch rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle into eight 1-inch wide, 4-inch long fingers. Use the tines of a fork to prick the tops of the shortbread.
- Arrange the fingers on the sheet so that there's about 1 inch between them.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes, or until the fingers are light golden brown around the edges, and at the bottom.
- Carefully place them on a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.