Almond Bundt Cake With Caramel Icing
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Almond Oil
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- *Optional: sliced almonds, for garnish
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the cake:
For caramel icing:
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350В°F. Generously spray a 10-cup bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, buttermilk, oil, and extract. Whisk mixture together until fully combined.
- Add wet ingredients into flour mixture. Stir mixture together until just combined and all dry ingredients dissolve.
- Pour cake batter into prepared bundt cake pan. Bake cake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in bundt cake pan for at least 10-15 minutes. Then invert cake onto a wire rack to continue cooling completely.
For the Caramel Icing:
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and salt together. Cook mixture and allow to come up to a slight boil, about 6-7 minutes. Be sure to stir mixture throughout.
- Then remove from heat and stir in extract, mixture will vigorously bubble.
- Let mixture cool for 3-5 minutes before pouring over finished cake.