Baked Brie with Fig and Walnuts
This simple holiday appetizer is sure to please any crowd at your next cocktail party. Warm, gooey Brie cheese is topped with sweet figs, toasted walnuts and a healthy drizzle of Roasted Walnut Oil. Add some rustic crackers or crusty bread, and you are set for a delicious celebration.
- 2 Tbsp berry or fig preserves
3 Tbsp La Tourangelle Walnut Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup dried mission figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 8 oz French Brie
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs with the nuts. Add the preserves and 1 Tbsp Walnut Oil.
- Coat the bottom of a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish with 1 Tbsp Walnut Oil. Place the round of Brie in dish, and coat the Brie with the remaining 1 Tbsp Walnut Oil.
- Top the Brie with the fig and nut mixture.
- Bake the Brie for 10-15 minutes, or until the Brie starts to ooze, but not melt.
- Serve warm with your favorite crackers or baguette.