Basil oil - Fresh tomato pasta
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot
- 2-3 tbsp La Tourangelle Basil oil
- Juice from 1-2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Finely dice shallot, mince garlic, and dice tomatoes. Add to a large bowl.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain, and immediately add to bowl. Stir.
- Add lemon juice, La Tourangelle Basil oil, capers and pine nuts.
- Toss well to combine, and salt to taste.
- Great served warm, cold, or room temp. Best if eaten within 2-3 days.